Since the kitchen is the most used room in the house it makes sense that it would need renovating sooner than other rooms. Perth Kitchens need not be expensive, especially if you can do the work yourself. It is the full renovation with custom build cupboards that becomes expensive, but here are some more affordable options that will improve the look of your kitchen.
- Putting in new bench tops is probably the number one way to renovate a kitchen affordably. Using some of the newer materials means you can throw away your old chopping boards and just use the bench top, which withstands such abuse.
- Are you tired of old kitchen tiles? Rather than replacing them, get special spray on tile paint to change the look and colour. In fact, you can also spray paint bench tops instead of putting new ones in.
- New window treatments will often rejuvenate your kitchen. Curtains or blinds can be used, depending on the privacy and glare factors.
- Adding a shelf can create more bench space and add nice visuals, especially if you add new storage canisters and an attractive pot plant.
- New flooring need not be expensive if you lay a good quality vinyl; make sure it tones in with the other colours in the kitchen.
- Lighting can make all the difference to the look and feel of the kitchen. There are many new lighting options that are both attractive and cost effective. Hanging lights are trendy as are task lights tucked under overhead cupboards.
- Changing the handles on the cupboard doors is simple and affordable, though if the holes for the current handles show up you’ll have to do a spot of filling, sanding and repainting. But that can be a good thing to change the look of the cupboards. If you don’t want to bother with that, choose handles that cover the holes.
It is not always as easy as it looks to renovate the kitchen, even with simple ideas. If your kitchen needs something more, or if you can’t manage these renovations yourself, hire a professional handyman to do it for you. The extra cost will be well worthwhile when you see what a difference they make. And while they are there, you can perhaps get them to do a harder renovation job such as putting in new flat-pack cupboards and including a dishwasher or range hood if you don’t have one yet.
These things are not all that expensive and can make a big difference to the functionality of this important work room. It is really worth spending a little more on kitchen renovations to get this room up to scratch and you will enjoy working in it a great deal more.